Tuesday, January 15, 2013

No time to run?

For me, the easiest part of the day to find extra time is: early in the morning before anyone else in the house is awake. Like many people, I'm pretty busy the rest of the day and evenings, and if I don't get it done early, chances rapidly diminish of ever completing the run later in the day. 

I prefer to finish my runs by 7:00 a.m., which means most runs have to start before 6:00 a.m.  

In fact, reviewing my Garmin log for the past month:
  • 70% of my runs started before 6:00 a.m., and half of those started before 5:30 a.m. 
  • 10% started between 6:00 and 6:30, 
  • 5% between 6:30 and 7:00,
  • 10% between 7:00 and 7:30
  • Only 5% were afternoon runs.  
Longer runs to me mean waking up earlier, not finishing later.  Here's a map of this morning's 12 miler, which incorporated a nice route through Hopkinton State Park.  I started at 5:24 and finished just before 7:01...in time to take out the trash for pickup and greet some adorable sleepy-heads as they woke up for breakfast.



Thank you to everyone who has already donated to my marathon fundraising for Hopkinton Special Education Advisory Council. Your generosity inspires me. Read more and donate on my fundraising page!

No comments:

Post a Comment